Do you want to work for a dynamic & international co-working company with- & for startups? Are you the person that knows all the trends on marketing and social media? Can you handle responsibilities, are you a likable socializer and do you want to challenge us with your ideas & skills? Then we’ve got the internship for you!
A Startup for Startups: The Startup Orgy (TSO) was originally founded by a group of entrepreneurial friends in the summer of 2013. We’ve started hosting events to bring entrepreneurs together in unique locations around Amsterdam. Late 2013, we discovered an unused 1892 loft space and converted it into a co-working space for the startup community. Two years later (this summer), we turned a former bank building into our second co-working space for startups, called: “TSO Munt Sq.”. It’s in collaboration with- and powered by ABN AMRO, one of the Netherlands biggest financial institutions.
Our motto: to create “A Venture Playground” for entrepreneurs. Our spaces are designed for the urban worker who wants a balance of work and play. We’ve created an open and sociable environment because we believe that networking and seeing others work pushes thinkers.
At this moment, over 150 entrepreneurial friends from 20 different countries all over the world come together in our two locations in Amsterdam. Our resident startups travel thousands of people to festivals throughout Europe (Maximaltrips.nl), combine all social media for DJ’s (9Waves.com), make people fit (Fitmo.com) and let anyone easily print their own designs in 3D (Printr.nl). Sounds interesting?
About the Role
As Marketing & Communications Intern, you work fulltime alongside TSO’s founders, brand manager, ABN AMRO’s innovation team (and other specialists form within the bank) and TSO’s members (from both locations). Specifically, you will help building and activating TSO’s brand, both online & offline. You will also assist with our sales strategy, hosting our events and lots of other cool activities that will make the TSO brand, community and our partnership with ABN-AMRO grow stronger.
Primary responsibilities will include
- Spending time developing relationships with current & new TSO members
- Make a social media plan and monitor its progress
- Keep the marketing & events calendar up to date
- Create & analyze content and campaigns for social media
- Help to develop a(n e-mail) marketing plan for members & potentials
- Develop and execute promo(-team) activities and events
- Explore new marketing opportunities and come up with new ideas
- HBO/WO (College/University)
- Writing & speaking fluently in English (company language is English)
- Perfect communication skills
- Flexible and able to structure startup processes
- Independent and focused on execution of ideas
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a big pro!
Start date will be ASAP (this August) or latest the beginning of September, fulltime with a minimum duration of 5 months. You will be primarily based at our newest space TSO Munt Square (Reguliersdwarsstraat 73), in the heart of Amsterdam’s thriving night district area.
Please send us a short motivation on email@example.com. If we like it, we invite you for a cup of coffee.Apply now